Hudson Valley Chef Nominated for Prestigious James Beard Award
A chef in Kingston has been named as a semifinalist for the 2020 James Beard Awards.
The Hudson Valley continues to be a mecca of fine cuisine, and a Dutchess County chef is continuing the tradition. Albert Bartley of Top Taste, Kingston has been nominated as a semifinalist in the "Best Chef: New York State" category. This is the first year where New York State stands as its own category. Previously, New York City had its own category and the rest of New York State would be competing with the Northeast category.
The semifinalists were announced on Wednesday, February 26, 2020. Bartley goes up against lower Hudson Valley chefs David DiBari of The Cookery in Dobbs Ferry and Eric Gao of O Mandarin in Hartsdale. Bartley is also going against Carla Perez-Gallardo and Hannah Black, Lil’ Deb's Oasis in Hudson. Bartley, DiBari, Gao, Perez-Gallardo, and Black are the only non-New York City chefs to be nominated and they all are in the entire span of the Hudson Valley.
Finalists for the James Beard Awards will be announced on Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie