Hudson Valley Biker Killed in Route 9W Crash
A Hudson Valley man was hit and killed while riding his bike on Route 9W.
On Monday around 6:20 p.m., deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a bicyclist who was hit by a vehicle on Route 9W just south of Waterside Garden Road in Ulster Park.
A preliminary investigation at the scene revealed that a white 2013 Ford F-150 driven by 33-year-old Michael C. Brailey of Red Hook left the roadway, for an unknown reason, and struck a man on a bicycle, police say.
The bicyclist, 33-year-old Justin Boyd of Port Ewen, succumbed to his injuries at the scene, officials say.
The investigation into the fatal crash continues.
Detectives are assisted in the investigation by members of the New York State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit. Deputies were assisted at the scene by the Port Ewen Fire Department and the Town of Esopus Volunteer Ambulance Squad.
- Hudson Valley Biker Killed in Route 9W Crash
- More of New York Exposed to 'Very Contagious Disease'
- It Snowed in Many Parts of the Hudson Valley Yesterday
- Child Attacked by Coyote at Hudson Valley Park
- Man Sexually Abused Wife's Granddaughter in Hudson Valley
- 3-Time Cop Killer Released From Hudson Valley Prison
- Reward Offered After Fire at Old Hudson River Psychiatric Center
- Police: Four Arrested After Fatal Overdose in Dutchess County