Battle of the Best 2020: Best Hot Dog
Boris and Robyn asked for your favorites among the mid-Hudson region restaurants and breweries — and man, did you deliver. Thousands of votes were cast in 10 categories in the sixth annual Boris & Robyn Battle of the Best contest.
We'll be unveiling the winners of two categories each day this week. Thursday's announcement includes the Best Sandwich and Best Hot Dog winners.
We're happy to announce that Pete's Hot Dogs of Newburgh won Best Hot Dog with 25% of the vote.
Started in 1924, the popular family-owned hot dog joint is now owned by the third generation of the family with daily operations facilitated by the fourth and fifth generations, according to their Instagram account @petes_hot_dogs. Pete's Hot Dogs is located at 293 S. Williams St. in Newburgh. They're opened Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM and Saturdays from 9AM to 4PM. You can learn more about Pete's Hot Dogs at peteshotdogsinc.com.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie