Happy Birthday Bob Weir
Alright, I will admit that as a Dead Head I have always been more of a Jerry Head. I was devastated when Jerry Garcia died. I didn't think that The Grateful Dead could go on without him. And, in a way, I was right. It's not the same. Not for me, anyway. But Bob Weir is also a big part of The Grateful Dead, and I might feel the same way about the band if it was Bob that (God forbid) died.
I met Bob a couple of times. I don't remember much about the first time. He was at The Chance with Bobby and The Midnights, and I got to go on his tour bus. It was really awesome. What I remember of it, anyway. And my friend Dan the Man says Bob kissed me as I was leaving the stage after introducing the band. I definitely don't remember that, but I will take it. The second time was over the phone in the early 2000s. I could tell he would rather not be doing the interview, but he was polite.
Happy Birthday, Bob Weir. Your music has brought me much joy, more than I've given you credit for. Thank you. And thanks for the kiss.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie