Giant Fishkill Cross Vandalism Investigated as Hate Crime
Acts of hate, destruction and prejudice continue in New York. This past weekend, it's hit home right here in the Hudson Valley. Currently, the New York State Police are investigating after a cross was vandalized in Fishkill.
According to police, the Wappingers Barracks have teamed up with the Bias Crime Unit to investigate graffiti and vandalism to the large illuminated cross on Brooks Road on Honness Mountain. The cross is visible to drivers traveling east on I-84 as they reach the Route 9 overpass.
The destruction of the Christian symbol and beloved Hudson Valley landmark is being handled as a biased crime. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to please contact Investigator Dolcemascolo at (845) 677-7300. Please reference case #9357101.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie