Game of Thrones Producers Placed 6 “Iron Thrones’ Across The World And The Last Was Found in NY
The final season of HBO's Game of Thrones premieres Sunday, April 14. Who will reign supreme by show's end? Jon? Cersei? Daenerys? The Night King?
Since details of the hit series' 8th season have been extremely guarded, show producers have helped gauge a little more fan interest with a worldwide scavenger hunt.
The most coveted prize within the realm of the seven kingdoms is the Iron Throne. Whoever sits on the throne serves as the ultimate authority of all monarchy across the entire realm. So, HBO announced a special contest for fans to locate six Iron Throne replicas around the world last week.
HBO offered scarce details through social media as to where exactly the thrones were placed. However, one Queens, NY woman recognized one of the locations which was not far from where she lived. It was in the battery at Fort Totten Park.
...because of its dark and ominous setting, reminiscent of the basement of Kings Landing, where the Mad King stored his destructive wildfire, and where Queen Cersei waged to destroy the Great Sept of Baelor.
According to Gothamist, the other thrones were found in Brazil, Sweden, Spain, Canada and the United Kingdom.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie