Final Bannerman Island Tour Set For This Weekend
One final tour has been added for Bannerman Island for 2019 so Hudson Valley residents can check out a unique perspective of the fall foliage.
The Estuary Steward will depart this Saturday from the Beacon Waterfront from the Beacon Institute Floating Dock at both 11 AM and 12:30 PM. Tickets are $35 for adults and $30 per child. Tickets can be obtained by calling (845) 203-1316.
Proceeds from tours and events on Bannerman Island go towards the restoration and reconstruction of structures on the island. In recent years the former Bannerman family home was restored as a visitor center, towers and walls have been stabilized and sidewalks have been replaced.
Expect more tours, movies, plays and other special events when Bannerman Island springs back to life this spring. For more information on how the island's restoration came about, you can visit their website.
Did you know: While most call the island Bannerman Island, its true name is Pollopel Island. It's called Bannerman after Francis Bannerman VI who used the island as storage for his military surplus business and is responsible for the construction of the castle structure and home.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie