Elderly Hudson Valley Man Hit By Car Jogging on Route 9W
An elderly man was seriously hurt after he was hit by a car while jogging on Route 9W early in the morning.
On Tuesday around 7:30 a.m., the Town of Marlborough Police Department responded Route 9W near St. Mary's Church for a report of a car vs. pedestrian accident.
During an investigation, police determined 77-year-old Michael Heller of Marlborough was jogging along Route 9W near Bloom Street and was hit by a southbound Hyundai while trying to cross the street, officials say.
He was rushed to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital with serious injuries, according to police.
The driver of the Hyundai was identified as a 38-year-old woman from Milton. Police didn't report any injuries.
The incident remains under investigation. Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to call the Town of Marlborough Police Department at 845-795-2181.
- West Point Cadet Tries to Bring Porn Star to Military Banquet
- Rumors Swirl About Louis C.K. Show in Hudson Valley
- New York Flag Could Change For First Time in 138 Years
- 14 Eateries the Hudson Valley Wants
- Black Bear Spotted Near Hudson Valley Home's Front Door
- Hudson Valley Woman Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Finalist
- 11 Sex Offenders Living in Hudson Valley Arrested
- Foot of Snow Forecast For Hudson Valley After Record Heat
- 11 Hudson Valley Restaurants With 5 or More Critical Violations
- Cuomo Promises to Legalized Marijuana in New York This Year
- 'Beloved' Lower Hudson Valley Coach Killed in Home Fire
- Father, Kids Find Dead Body in Hudson Valley State Park