DEC Saves Injured Bald Eagle at Hudson Valley Farm
One Hudson Valley farm welcomed a unique visitor over the weekend.
Brookby Farm took to social media on Sunday, March 17th to update the Hudson Valley on a bald eagle that had been hanging out on their Dover Plains farm.
According to the Instagram post, the eagle had been spotted about a month ago and customers alerted the staff at Brookby Farm. They were told that the eagle had been hit by a car and seemed to be struggling. The DEC was contacted and visited the site, however, no eagle was found.
That was until this weekend.
The bald eagle was spotted at the farm searching for food on the ground, not being able to fly. The DEC was called once again, with the same officer showing up to the scene.
After a bit of a chase, DEC Officer Crain and Brookyby Farm staff were able to catch the eagle. The Instagram post explains that the eagle is in good hand and rehabbing accordingly :
We are happy to say the eagle will soon be in rehab and will be able to grace us all again from the skies around Dutchess county.
Brookyby Farm is located on 62 Dover Furnace Road in Dover Plains.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie