Celebrating John Lennon
It's hard to believe that John Lennon has been dead for almost 40 years. He was only 40 at the time of his death. I still remember that awful night. But today, we are celebrating John Lennon on what would have been his 79th birthday.
Every Oct. 9 I celebrate two important birthdays. John Lennon's and also my boyfriend Bobby's. Bobby is also a musician and has always felt a connection to John Lennon. We both grew up loving The Beatles, and still often reach for a Beatles cd when we're driving and listening to music. John is gone, but he has left us with so much great music and many memories.
I don't know if there really is a Rock and Roll Heaven, but if there is I'm pretty sure John is up there jamming with the best. Happy birthday, John Lennon. And thank you for changing my life and changing the world.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie