Body of Missing Elizaville Man Found
On December 8th, Columbia County Sheriff David Bartlett posted to his Facebook page asking for assistance in a missing person case.
On December 5th, the Sheriff's Office had been contacted by Dutch Hollow Farm Running on Creek Road in the town of Stuyvesant. The caller had located a car on the property with North Carolina plates. That car was registered to 29-year old William Amato.
Amato had been reported missing by family members who last saw him on December 4th, 2019.
On Thursday December 12th, Sheriff Bartlett announced that Amato's body had been found.
"My heartfelt thanks to all of you that sent in tips to help us try to find this young man. Unfortunately, this is not the outcome that we wanted. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time."
Amato's body was found at Dutch Hollow Farm property in Stuyvesant and an autopsy is scheduled at Ellis Hospital.
At this time the Columbia County Sheriff's Office does not believe foul play is involved.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie