Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher, Father to 10 Killed
A beloved teacher from the Hudson Valley who was also a pastor and a father to 10 was killed.
In the early hours on Memorial Day, Dr. Orlando Rivera was hit by a driver going the wrong way on Interstate 4 in downtown Orlando. Rivera, 52, an instructor at the Marist College School of Professional Programs was pronounced dead on the scene.
"It is with a very heavy heart they we share with you the tragic news of the passing of Dr. Orlando Rivera," Marist School of Professional Programs Dean Daniel A. Szpiro said. "All of the faculty, administration, staff, and students of the School of Professional Programs who had the opportunity to work with and study with Dr. Rivera deeply mourn his passing."
Rivera is a pastor, teacher and a father of 10, according to a GoFundMe.
Rivera and his wife, Nancy, adopted seven children after they were told they couldn't have children. Then came three biological children, the youngest who is five.
A GoFundMe was started to help Rivera's family.
The driver of the other car was identified as 31-year-old Nelson Enrique Molina. He was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries and could face charges, according to Click Orlando.
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher, Father to 10 Killed
- Sex Trafficking Happening in Hudson Valley at 'Alarming Rates'
- Teen Killed in Crash in Hudson Valley, Driver Arrested
- Police Seek Help After Man Killed Potentially Racing on Taconic
- Hudson Valley High School Senior Killed in Crash
- Man Found Dead Pinned Under Truck in Hudson Valley
- Encounter With Bouncer, Customer at Hudson Valley Bar Goes Viral
- Hudson Valley Woman With Suspended License Causes Fatal Accident