Some weather models suggest "a nor'easter with considerable impact on the Hudson Valley" is coming.

Get our free mobile app

Hudson Valley Weather is tracking "the possibility for the first significant winter storm of the 21-22 season."

Snow could fall Thursday night into Friday morning. However, it's too soon to tell if the Hudson Valley will be blanketed with snow, officials say.

Joanna Glab
Joanna Glab
loading...

"For now, it's roughly equal chances of a hit or miss, because of how much time exists until the event. This is certainly something we'll be watching closely," Hudson Valley Weather stated.

Hudson Valley Weather's current five-day forecast has snow for Thursday night and Friday morning.

Jupiterimages
Jupiterimages
loading...

As of this writing, Hudson Valley Weather believes there is a 30 percent chance of the Hudson Valley seeing more than six inches of snow. There's also a 30 percent chance of 6 inches or less of snow and a 40 percent chance of the storm missing the region.

Irina Igumnova
Irina Igumnova
loading...

"In this timeframe, the confidence remains low, due to the lack of detailed data. The majority of the computer model data suggests that we will see some variety of impact on Friday. The European model and Canadian models both suggest a nor'easter with considerable impact on the Hudson Valley... while the GFS model has the storm develop too late, and too far south, to impact our area," Hudson Valley Weather wrote Monday morning on Facebook.

Hudson Valley Weather says it's normal for different models to have conflicting data this far out.

nameinfame
nameinfame
loading...

"It's rare to see unanimous agreement in this timeframe, so we certainly have questions to answer. The big take away at this point, is if you have plans on Friday... you want to watch the forecast closely. It's too early to cancel/change plans... but as we get closer, and the data begins to lock in on a single idea, we'll have a better idea of how Friday will unfold," Hudson Valley Weather added.

As of Monday morning, The Weather Channel predicts 3 to 5 of snow for Dutchess, Orange Putnam, Ulster, and Rockland counties.

20 Richest New York Zipcodes

'Today' Star Enjoys Birthday in Hudson Valley With New York Celebs

How Much Do You Have To Make To Be Middle Class in New York?

Many New York Pizzerias Among Top 20 in America

17 New Laws in New York You Should Know

The New Year brings with it a host of new laws for Empire State residents. Here are nearly 20 that may impact you in 2022. 

Richest Towns in Each State

LOOK: Here is the richest town in each state

Just saying the names of these towns immediately conjures up images of grand mansions, luxury cars, and ritzy restaurants. Read on to see which town in your home state took the title of the richest location and which place had the highest median income in the country. Who knows—your hometown might even be on this list.

Over 50 New York Pizzerias Ranked by Barstool's Dave Portnoy

When it comes to amazing pizza you don't have to leave New York State. But where can you find the best slice?

20 Worst Places to Live in New York State

A list highlights the worst places a New York resident can call home. A number of places in the Hudson Valley made the list, including one that was ranked the worst place to live.

Barstool's Dave Portnoy Finally Reviews Pizza From Mid-Hudson Valley

Barstool's Dave Portnoy finally came to the Mid-Hudson Region to give a "One Bite Review" on what he was told is "great pizza" from the Mid-Hudson Valley. 

Potential Cancer-Causing Chemicals Found in New York Drinking Water

The 26 Most Dangerous Counties in New York State

15 New York Towns Among Safest in America

Top 5 Best Places to Live in New York

carbongallery id="61a789b8ec80de256e553fbe" layout="list" title="Nearly a Dozen New York Supermarkets Forced to Close"]

Photos: Fire in Hudson Valley Destroys Historic New York Resort

Over 1 Foot of Surprise Snow Shocks Parts of Hudson Valley, New York State

Despite not much snow in the forecast, a number of local residents actually dealt with over one foot of "surprise" snow.

LOOK: 50 famous memes and what they mean

With the infinite number of memes scattered across the internet, it's hard to keep track. Just when you've grasped the meaning of one hilarious meme, it has already become old news and replaced by something equally as enigmatic. Online forums like Tumblr, Twitter, 4chan, and Reddit are responsible for a majority of meme infections, and with the constant posting and sharing, finding the source of an original meme is easier said than done. Stacker hunted through internet resources, pop culture publications, and databases like Know Your Meme to find 50 different memes and what they mean. While the almost self-replicating nature of these vague symbols can get exhausting, memes in their essence can also bring people closer together—as long as they have internet access.

Bill Murray Stuns New York Fans By Showing Up At West Point

Unacceptable New York Roads Costing Drivers Insane Amount of Money

A study found a shocking amount of "unacceptable" roads in New York are costing residents a ton of money each year. The good news, that may change. Here's why.

40 High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offenders Recently Moved in New York State

Over 50 New York Pizzerias Ranked by Barstool's Dave Portnoy

When it comes to amazing pizza you don't have to leave New York State. But where can you find the best slice?

20 Worst Places to Live in New York State

A list highlights the worst places a New York resident can call home. A number of places in the Hudson Valley made the list, including one that was ranked the worst place to live.

Barstool's Dave Portnoy Finally Reviews Pizza From Mid-Hudson Valley

Barstool's Dave Portnoy finally came to the Mid-Hudson Region to give a "One Bite Review" on what he was told is "great pizza" from the Mid-Hudson Valley. 

Potential Cancer-Causing Chemicals Found in New York Drinking Water

The 26 Most Dangerous Counties in New York State

15 New York Towns Among Safest in America

Top 5 Best Places to Live in New York

Hudson Valley Says Goodbye To Over 80 Businesses

Nearly 70 Children Have Recently Gone Missing From New York State

Counties in New York With Most Vehicle vs. Animal Crashes

Over 30 Red Flags For Anyone Who Claims To Live in Hudson Valley, NY

Hudson Valley Welcomes Nearly 70 New Eateries

We've reported on many restaurant closings, now it's time to highlight nearly 70 businesses that have recently opened in the Hudson Valley.

5 New York Schools Districts Ranked in Top 10 in America