Woman Tried To Enroll at Hudson Valley School as Teen, Police Say
A 32-year-old woman is accused of trying to enroll in a Hudson Valley school pretending to be a 15-year-old.
On Friday, the Greene County Sheriff's Office arrested 32-year-old Michaelann Goodrich of Cario after she allegedly tried to enroll in at least one local school district as a homeless student.
Goodrich went by the name "Riley Madison" and claimed to be 15-years-old, police say.
The Cairo-Durham School District called the police to investigate after she allegedly tried to enroll.
As a result of the investigation, the Greene County Sheriff's Office charged Goodrich with offering a false instrument for filing, falsifying business records, felonies, and criminal trespass, a misdemeanor.
She was remanded to Greene County Jail on $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond.
It's unclear if Goodrich made other attempts to enroll in other Hudson Valley schools, access children or engage in similar incidents, police say. Anyone with information on Goodrich, or Riley Madison, should call the Greene County Sheriff's Office Investigations Unit at 518-943-3300.
- CDC: This Year's Flu Is The Same That Once Killed Over 50 Million
- 4 From Extremist Cult Allegedly Kidnapped Hudson Valley Children
- 14 Hudson Valley Teachers Earn 'Gold Standard' of Profession
- 'Dirty Deal' Forces Beloved Hudson Valley Restaurant to Close
- Firefighter Accused of Killing Military Veteran in Hudson Valley
- 9 Hudson Valley Eateries Named Best in 'Upstate New York'
- New Laws For New York in 2019