TSA: Gun-Carrying Grandmother Arrested at LaGuardia
TSA agents see a lot of things, but this was probably not what they were expecting. NBC is reporting that TSA agents at LaGuardia Airport confiscated a loaded gun at a checkpoint Monday morning.
The suspect doesn't fit the usual description, however. NBC is reporting that the person carrying the gun was actually a grandmother from North Carolina, who was traveling with her two grandchildren.
TSA officials say the gun was loaded with six bullets, with one in the chamber. The TSA says that you are allowed to travel with firearms in checked baggage if they are properly declared.
This could also vary from state to state though. See the TSA's full list of rules for transporting firearms HERE.
The gun-toting granny said she didn't know the loaded gun was in the bag because she had borrowed it. NBC says she was arrested on gun charges.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie