Trails and Parking Areas Closed on Route 9D
Is it just me or have we read and or heard this already at least twice during New York on Pause?
The Town of Fishkill Police Department announced on their Facebook page that "all trails and parking areas along the 9D corridor have been closed." They explain, once again, that "The number of pedestrians walking along 9D is creating a dangerous situation. Officers have been advised to conduct enforcement as necessary to ensure pedestrian and vehicle safety. This includes ticketing and towing of illegally or unsafely parked vehicles."
The closure of the parking areas and trails includes Mount Beacon, Breakneck and Notch Trail.
Recently it was reported that most of the popular hiking trails in the Hudson Valley had been closed or saw restrictions due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and people not following social distancing requirements.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- 7 Secret Tips to Winning a Radio Call-In Contest
- The 11 Biggest Celebrities Born in the Hudson Valley
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie