Tractor Driver Killed In Crash With Dump Truck in Hudson Valley
A Hudson Valley man lost his life after his farm tractor collided with a dump truck.
On Thursday, New York State Police from the Livingston barracks began investigating a fatal motor vehicle crash involving a farm tractor and a commercial dump truck on State Route 9 in the town of Greenport.
Around 2:15 p.m, troopers were dispatched by Columbia County 911 to the intersection of State Route 9 and Yates Road for a two-car motor vehicle crash. An investigation revealed an International Harvester Farmall 1066 tractor failed to yield the right of way while trying to cross State Route 9 in a westerly direction from Yates Road and was hit by a southbound International Harvester dump truck on State Route 9, police say.
The Farmall tractor was operated by 67-year-old Stuart M. Meisner of Hudson. He was pronounced dead on the scene by the Columbia County Coroner’s Office, according to New York State Police.
The dump truck operator, Norman R. Stoddard, 72, of Hudson, was transported to Columbia County Memorial Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries, officials say.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Hudson Valley Family Devastated After Pet Goats Go Missing
- 'Beloved' Lower Hudson Valley Restaurant Owner Suddenly Dies
- Suspicious Device Forces Hudson Valley School to Evacuate
- 9 Hudson Valley School Districts Among Best in New York
- Cash4Life Winning Ticket Sold in Hudson Valley
- Kelsey Grammer Opens Tavern in Catskills
- Man Makes Wrong Turn, Wins $1 Million at Hudson Valley Store