Safe Haven Animal Shelter and Wildlife Center
I love old things. The latest old thing I've been on the search for is an am/fm transistor radio from the 1970s. So, the other day when I was in Hopewell Junction when I noticed a thrift store. I just had to stop in. I did not find an old radio. But I found something even better.
I found out that the thrift store is all about helping animals. They're not just a thrift store, they're the Safe Haven Thrift Shop and Pet Food Pantry. The items are all donated, and the proceeds go to help Safe Haven Animal Shelter and Wildlife Center. The items for the Pet Food Pantry are also donated and go to Dutchess County residents who can't afford to feed their pets. What a great place!
Want to help out Safe Haven? Shop in the thrift shop at 448 Route 376 in Hopewell Junction. They also have several fundraising events, including a silent auction at Mill Creek Caterers in Hopewell Junction on March 23.
To learn more about Safe Haven Animal Shelter and Wildlife Center, to make a donation, or to get information on the thrift shop and other fundraising efforts, visit the safe Haven website.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie