Reward Doubled For Lower Hudson Valley Teen Accused of Murder
Police are doubling the reward for information leading to the arrest of a Hudson Valley teen accused of murdering another teen.
The Yonkers Police Department is now offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of 15-year-old Jamir Thompson.
Cops believe Thompson is getting help hiding. Anyone who knowingly assists or hides the 15-year-old from Westchester will be arrested, authorities say.
Thompson is accused of fatally shooting Marilyn Cotto Montanez in Yonkers last week. The 18-year-old from Yonkers was laid to rest on Thursday.
On the day of the murder, Thompson stole a gold chain from another person, police say. Later that day that person, Thompson and others engaged in a dispute in the area of Lake Avenue at Morningside Avenue, where it is alleged that Thompson displayed a handgun and fired at least one shot in the direction of the other group.
The bullet fatally struck Montanez, an unintended target and innocent victim, police say. A 9MM cartridge casing was recovered from the scene.
Anyone with information regarding this incident or the whereabouts of THOMPSON is encouraged to contact the Yonkers Police Detective Division at (914) 377-7725 – all calls will remain confidential. 100% anonymous tips can be sent by texting the keyword YPD plus the tip to 847411.
- Drunk Driver Fleeing Police Murders Hudson Valley Mother
- Here's How You Can Eat For Free During Your Birthday Month
- Missing New York Man Found By Fishermen in Hudson Valley
- Two Raped and Sexual Assaulted Missing Teen in Hudson Valley
- 7 Children Get Lost While Hiking in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley 8th-Grader Wanted For Murder of Innocent Teen
- Human Remains Found By Men Fishing in Hudson Valley
- 10 Hudson Valley Residents Arrested Following Prostitution Sting
- Kevin Bacon Spotted in Hudson Valley
- Humongous Fish Caught in Hudson Valley