Remembering Lou Reed
Today is March 2. Birth date of the late Lou Reed. He would have been 78 years old today.Lou Reed was a real New York kind of guy. Born in Brooklyn, grew up on Long Island. And a New York favorite, for sure.
I still remember the day he died. I was on my way to a wedding shower, listening to WPDH, of course, and I heard it on the air. I was shocked. He was only 71, which sounds younger and younger the older I get. Lou wasn't a particularly great singer, but I loved his music. Many people only know him for Walk on the Wild Side, but there was a lot more to Lou than that one song.
In honor of Lou's birthday I picked one of my favorite versions of one of my favorite Lou Reed songs. Not super deep, but not overplayed, either. Happy Birthday, Lou, wherever you may be. And thanks for the great music.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie