Police Say Hyde Park Man Stole Cart of Groceries From Stop & Shop
A Hyde Park man has been arrested after police say he stole a cart full of groceries.
Earlier this week, police were asking for tips to help find a man who was involved in a hit-and-run. An investigation into the incident revealed that the vehicle was previously reported stolen and the driver had also taken a cart full of groceries without paying from the Stop and Shop on Route 9 in Hyde Park.
Pictures were released to the public that showed the man donning a pair of rubber gloves while pushing a cart that appeared to be filled with cases of beer.
On Thursday State Police announced that leads from the public resulted in the arrest of John J. VanLeuven from Hyde Park. The 27-year-old was charged with Criminal Possession of Stolen Property in the 4th degree, Petit Larceny and multiple vehicle and traffic law infractions.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie