Police: Hudson Valley Couple Found With Heroin, Stolen Jewelry
A Hudson Valley couple was arrested for allegedly possessing heroin and 9.3 grams of stolen jewelry.
On Sunday around 6:30 p.m., State Police stopped a vehicle on I-87 in the town of Cornwall for alleged vehicle and traffic violations.
During the interview of the occupants a probable cause to search the vehicle was established, police say.
The driver, 30-year-old Kristin L. Otto of Walkill and passenger, Michael L. Leone, 30, of Monroe were found to be in possession of a hypodermic needle cap containing cotton balls which tested positive for heroin, according to police.
Additionally, Leone was allegedly found to be in possession of a hypodermic needle and approximately 9.3 grams of women’s jewelry.
A further investigation revealed the jewelry was stolen, police say.
Both were charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance. Leone was additionally charged with grand larceny and criminal possession of hypodermic needle.
- Video Alleges Hudson Valley Cop Slammed Teen Girl to Ground
- Cuomo Wants 737 Flights Grounded, Local 737 Flights Cancelled
- Officials Warn Hudson Valley Will See an Increase of Coyotes
- Actress From Hudson Valley Charged in College Admission Scam
- Man Wanted For Murder in NJ Found Hiding in Hudson Valley
- Young Man Dies Skiing in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Found Murdered Inside Home, Gunman on Loose
- Massive Indoor Waterpark Opening Soon in the Hudson Valley
- Opening of Nickelodeon Theme Park Near Hudson Valley Delayed
- Hudson Valley Athlete Featured in Nike Ad, Signs Pro Contract
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Holding Mock Slave Auction
- Truck Catches Fire in Hudson Valley After Driving Over Power Line
- Route 9 Shut Down For Hours Following Fatal Accident
- Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Hudson Valley Child on the Run
- New Movie Theater Opening Soon in Hudson Valley