I-84 Westbound Reopens After Accident [UPDATE]
UPDATE, 4PM: I-84 westbound has now reopend.
Police warn drivers should avoid parts of I-84 in the Hudson Valley as clean up from an accident is causing heavy delays and will force the closure of parts of the interstate for up to 10 hours.
On Wednesday at 5:30 a.m., New York State Police announced Interstate 84 westbound lanes will be closed at milepost marker 55.2, between Exit 58, Ludingtonville Road and Exit 52, the Taconic State Parkway, due to a rolled-over tractor-trailer.
A detour has been established at the Stormville Rest area and traffic is moving slowly, police say.
New York State Police warn anyone who drives in the area during the morning rush hour and this afternoon will experience heavy delays. Police say you should avoid the area if possible.
A preliminary evaluation of the scene indicates the road will be closed for an estimated eight to 10 hours, according to New York State Police.
More information about the cause of the crash wasn't released. It's unclear at this time if there are any injuries.
- Hudson Valley Mother Sues Over Video of Cop's Encounter With Teen
- 3 Hudson Valley Children Found With Dangerous Contagious Disease
- Hudson Valley Teacher To Battle Best on Jeopardy!
- Hudson Valley Man To Reveal Secrets About Action Park
- 'Wetter-Than-Average' Winter Predicted For New York
- Earthquake Felt in Parts of Hudson Valley, Near Popular Mall
- Staff From Iconic Hudson Valley Restaurant To Open New Business