NY Bill Would Ban Cigarette Filters
A new bill was proposed in New York that would ban cigarette filters and there are no ifs, ands or "butts" about it.
It seems like it's getting harder and harder to be a smoker these days. Some people want it that way. I don't smoke so I don't have a dog in this fight but it seems like a new proposed bill wants to go through steps to make an unhealthy habit even unhealthier. Nevertheless, you can't argue the effects that cigarette filters have on the environment are a major concern.
How often do you see cigarette butts lying on the ground?
Liz Krueger, a Democratic senator sponsored a new bill that would ban the sale of cigarettes with single-use filters. The ban would not stop smokers from using their personal reusable filters on cigarettes or e-cigs.
People are addicted to smoking and that's no secret. According to America's Health Rankings, about 16% of the United States population smokes. That's a lot of single-use filters being disposed of on a daily basis.
Though it may help the environment, would this make cigarette smoking even more hazardous?
Would it make cigarettes cheaper? Would more people roll their own?
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie