New York State Needs Plow Drivers
If you are looking for a seasonal job this could work out perfect for you.
According to the Thruway Authority, now is the time to get your application in if your interested in becoming a seasonal snow plow driver that would work under the title of Thruway maintenance worker. If you are hired, some of the job duties will include keeping the roadway clear and safe for motorists during winter weather and assist with maintenance and improvements along the highway.
The snow plow driver position is seasonal but could become a permanent maintenance position with a decent pay scale. Seasonal snow plow drivers earning between $18.36 and $24.04 per hour (plus time-and-a-half for overtime).
To be considered for the job you must have a few things including a Commercial Driver License B (or higher) with tank endorsement and no air brake restriction and 18 months of experience operating construction equipment and vehicles.
If you are interested in applying, download the application, fill it out and either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can print and mail it to P.O. Box 189, Albany, NY 12201-0189.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Most Popular Hiking Trail in the Hudson Valley Closing Indefinitely in 2018
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie