Local Woman In Hot Water After Allegedly Going For Joy Ride in Police Car
Yeah, this probably wasn't the best idea.
Mid Hudson News is reporting that a 29 year-old Chester woman allegedly hopped into a marked police vehicle and lead officials on a multi-town chase early Tuesday morning.
Perhaps she didn't realize police cruisers are equipped with a GPS to prevent such a thing from happening?
The whole getaway started with a call to the EconoLodge on Route 32 in New Windsor with a complaint for disorderly adults, according to MH News. While officers were distracted with the investigation, the woman allegedly made her move and took off in one of the cruisers for her own little sightseeing excursion.
From there she'd lead police through New Windsor, the Town of Newburgh, and finally into Plattekill, where the chase ended near Route 32. Police caught up, with the help of the GPS unit, and made the arrest.
Mid Hudson News says the woman has been charged with with grand larceny and driving while ability impaired by drugs.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie