Hudson Valley Man Admits To Having Sexual Contact With Child
A Hudson Valley man confessed he had sexual contact with a child.
On Monday in Ulster County Court, just before a jury was going to be selected for a trial, 27-year-old Daniel Mikalonis formerly of Kerhonkson pleaded guilty to felony criminal sexual act.
Mikalonis admitted he engaged in oral sex with a 14-year-old in June 2015. He was arrested in September 2017 after an investigation by New York State Police in Ellenville.
The investigation revealed Mikalonis was involved in a two-year sexual relationship with a girl, starting when she was 14-years-old and Mikelonis 24, police say. When arrested he was charged with rape and criminal sexual act, both felonies.
Mikalonis faces up to seven years in prison when sentenced. He will be required to register as a sex offender for at least 20 years.
- 'Beloved' Hudson Valley Teacher Found Dead
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Murdering Brother
- Cops Investigate 'Ugly Acts' of Swastikas on Hudson Valley Homes
- Hudson Valley Hospital Worker Sexually Abused Patient
- $1 Million Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in Hudson Valley
- Measles Spreading at Alarming Rates in Hudson Valley
- These Are The Best Pizzerias in the Hudson Valley
- Trump Organization Sues Man Who Died in Trump Tower Fire