Hudson Valley Football Program Ranked Inside The Top 25
The Army football program last found themselves inside the prestigious Associated Press Top 25 college football poll in 1996. That all change this weekend as the Black Knights broke through at number 23.
The AP reports the team, which sits at 9-2, have been inching their way towards the top 25 in recent weeks. Prior to now, there have only been two seasons in which the team appeared on the poll dating back to the 1960s when the poll was created.
In 1985 they were at number 19 for one week on their way to a 9-3 finish. Then again in 1996, they finished the year at number 25 after being included on four of the last five polls.
The Black Knights struggled from 1997-2015 but have had three straight winning seasons under coach Jeff Monken who started in 2014. Coach Monken says the goal was not so much as to reach the top 25 but to finish the year inside the top 25 so they're well on their way.
The only thing standing in their way now is the Navy Midshipmen whom the Black Knights will face on Saturday, December 8th at 3 PM on CBS and a bowl game a few weeks later.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie