Dutchess Wellness Retreat for Caregivers Rescheduled for Sept. 14
Anybody who has ever been a caretaker for a loved one, especially a loved one suffering from Alzheimer's Disease, knows what a tough road it is to travel. And that's why sometimes caregivers need a little support themselves.
Are you a caregiver? The free wellness retreat for caregivers of people with early and middle-stage Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia at Locust Grove Estate on South Road in Poughkeepsie has been rescheduled for Monday, Sept. 14, from 9:30AM - 2:30PM. Respite care will be provided, as well as a light breakfast and lunch. Mansion tours will be held at 10:15AM and 1:45PM Other activities will include art therapy, chair yoga and hula hooping, laughter yoga and caregiver chair massage. RSVP is required by calling the Alzheimer's Association at (800) 272-3900.
For more information about the free wellness retreat for caregivers of people with early and middle-stage Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia, check out the event facebook page.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- 7 Secret Tips to Winning a Radio Call-In Contest
- The 11 Biggest Celebrities Born in the Hudson Valley
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Restaurants