7 New York Cities That Are Commonly Mispronounced
Can you pronounce all the cities on this list? Even if you were born and raised in New York this might have a few tough towns to pronounce.
The state of New York has a lot of heritage from many different cultures and that means we have some cities and towns with names that could be tricky to pronounce.
I've lived in New York for years and even I scratch my head when I see some towns on Google Maps.
Between the native Americans that inhabited the region along with the Dutch and English settlers there have been some towns settled here that were given some interesting names.
Here are a few of the most commonly mispronounced names.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- 7 Secret Tips to Winning a Radio Call-In Contest
- The 11 Biggest Celebrities Born in the Hudson Valley
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie