Woodstock 50 May Move To Maryland, Tickets Are Now Free
I'm not one what to say I told you so. Is there any Upstate New Yorker who is surprised by this?
The chances of Woodstock's 50th actually happening are getting more and more slim each day. The odds of it happening in New York are completely out now. The location to hold the event has changed more times than I can count. The last we heard on the subject, Woodstock 50 was denied a permit to hold it in Vernon after moving from Watkins Glen.
According to Rolling Stone, last week representatives from Woodstock discussed the possibility of holding it in Maryland at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia.
Apparently, the show is free now and being listed as a benefit show. Only VIP tickets will be sold. The show could still happen but many of the main acts like Jay Z and Dead and Company have dropped out of the lineup.
The show is scheduled to happen on August 16, if it happens.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV. Stream us live through the website, your Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WRRV mobile app.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie