U.S. Open Super Fun Facts
The U.S. Open started Monday. Here's some super cool fun facts.
The 137th Open kicked off today, and to get you ready for 14 days of tennis, here are some U.S. Open Fun Facts.
- 98K - The average number of tennis balls used during the tournament, which would reach more than 12 times the height of the One World Trade Center building if stacked one on top of the other
- 7K - Seasonal jobs are created for the tournament, with workers earning a collective $40 million
- Cheapest face value of a tournament ticket is $65.00
- 130 hours of live coverage will be broadcast by ESPN
- 1973 - Year the US Open became the first major to pay men's and women's champions equally
- $150 Million - Cost of the stadium's retractable roof
- 2017 - 20th anniversary of Arthur Ashe Stadium's opening
- 700,000 - Overall attendance for the 2016 U.S. Open
Now you stump all your friends at U.S Open trivia. You're Welcome!