Hudson Valley Wing Wars Survival Tips
Hudson Valley Wing Wars comes to the Mid-Hudson Civic Center on Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016 from 5PM-9PM. Here are some tips to help you conquer and enjoy all the poultry deliciousness you can handle.
1. Do not even consider wearing white. Rookie mistake. Wear dark colors just in case you drop something on yourself or better yet, the drunk person next to you spills “everything” on you.
2. Make sure you have your own handi wipes. If you do not bring them to the Civic Center with you, scope them out as soon as you get there and put five into your pocket, just in case.
3. Come hungry. You will have 15 chicken wing samples included with your ticket purchase. Don’t waste them by eating a steak or a pizza before you head to the Civic Center.
4. If your stomach is even the slightest bit sensitive, you might want to go ahead and take a Nexium, Zantac before you head out to Hudson Valley Wing Wars or keep a supply of Tums/Rolaids in your pocket for after you conquer the night.
5. When you get to the MHCC that night, get there early and scope out the scene: who has what type of wings? Have you not tried a Thai green chile sesame? Then you are going to make sure that you get that done early and save the hottest of the hot wings until later. This will allow you to actually taste and enjoy all the new flavor discoveries you are about to have.
6. Never ever--and this cannot be stressed enough--touch your eyes after you have been eating the wings. You are eating spicy wings and one touch to the eye, even accidentally will take you out of the “game” for the night. Remember, 15 wings are just the beginning of the night. There is a lot more for you to check out, and we haven’t even discussed the beers that you will want to try in between wing samples.
7. Always make sure to clean your hands off with a paper napkin as best as you can before reaching for the beloved wet naps/handi wipes. This will make opening the little packet easier and if you have them stashed in your pockets, you won’t get sauce or grease on your clothes.
8. Buy your tickets NOW. Capacity at the Civic Center is limited. Get your ticket and know that you and your friends will have an awesome place to kick off your Saturday night, and then you can also decide among yourself which place had the best wings.