Hudson Valley Wing Wars 2019 Tips For the Epic 2 Part Battle
Hudson Valley Wing Wars is so big that it had to be seperated into TWO epic battles, West of the Hudson Valley VS East of the Hudson Valley. The East competition will take place on Saturday January 12, 2019 at the Ramada Inn in Fishkill from 5PM-9PM. The West competition will take place at the Orange County Fairgrounds arena in Middletown on Saturday January 19, 2019 from 5pm-9pm.
Here are some tips to help you conquer and enjoy all the poultry deliciousness you can handle. Remember to pace yourself, you will get two chances to particpate in the epic chicken battle royale.
The tips are in reverse order, but make sure that you pay special attention to the Top 2.
10. Hudson Valley Wing Wars will take place regardless of the weather, because Wing Wars are not for wimps. Want to prove that you are not a wimp? Make sure to attend both events so you can brag to all of your friends how you have tried all the wings in the area and that you truly know who has the best of the best wings.
9. Think that you need more than 15 wings? Or would you like to have a few beers too? Consider the over 21 VIP Ticket Upgrade (this has 2 dozen wing samples and 2 beer tickets for the one price).
8. Buy your tickets NOW. Capacity at both venues is limited. Get your ticket and know that you and your friends will have an awesome place to kick off your two of your Saturday nights in January 2019, and then you can also decide among yourself which place had the best wings.
7. Always make sure to clean your hands off with a paper napkin as best as you can before reaching for the beloved wet naps/handi wipes. This will make opening the little packet easier and if you have them stashed in your pockets, you won’t get sauce or grease on your clothes.
6. Never ever--and this cannot be stressed enough--touch your eyes after you have been eating wings. Please remember that some of the wings you are eating are SPICY and one touch to the eye, even accidentally will take you out of the “game” for the night. Remember, 15 wings are just the beginning of the night. There is a lot more for you to check out, and we haven’t even discussed the beers that you will want to try in between wing samples.
5. When you get to the event, get there early (5PM) and scope out the scene: who has what type of wings? Have you not tried a Thai green chili sesame? Then you are going to make sure that you get that done early and save the hottest of the hot wings until later. This will allow you to actually taste and enjoy all the new flavor discoveries you are about to have.
4. If your stomach is even the slightest bit sensitive, you might want to go ahead and take a Nexium, Zantac before you head out to Hudson Valley Wing Wars 2019 or keep a supply of Tums/Rolaids in your pocket for after you conquer the night.
3. Come hungry. You will have 15 chicken wing samples included with your ticket purchase. Don’t waste them by eating a steak or a pizza before you head to you get to the "battle venue."
2. Make sure you have your own handi wipes. If you do not bring them to the Ramada Inn or to Orange County Fairgrounds Arena with you, try to find them when you get there and put five into your pocket, just in case. Think of it this way, it's better to have too many than be using your pants or your shirt to wipe your hands off.
1. Do not even consider wearing white. Rookie mistake. Wear dark colors just in case you drop something on yourself or better yet, the drunk person next to you spills “everything” on you.