The Hudson Valley Is Home To The Youngest Town In The Country
Millennials! They're everywhere! They're at your job, and your school, and your home! Some of you may even be millennials right now! They're taking over, and there's nothing you can do but allow it to happen and let the scent of smartphones and avocado toast carry you into oblivion.
And it turns out, the Hudson Valley is basically a haven for millennials. NewYorkUpstate.com recently posted a ranking of the youngest-skewing towns in the state. As you'd expect, a lot of college towns made the list. And in the Hudson Valley, Tivoli came in at #21, Newburgh at #17, and New Paltz at #7. But number one was a surprise to me.
The youngest town, not only in New York, but in the entire country, is the Village of Kiryas Joel located in Orange County. While every other town on the list has a median age of 20 to 30, Kiryas Joel has a median age of 13.3 based on a population of over 20,000. It's a town mostly filled with people who aren't even old enough to drive yet.
Did your town make the list? Were you surprised by any that didn't?
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie