Teen Drowns in Hudson Valley Creek on July 4th
A teen died in a Hudson Valley creek while celebrating the Fourth of July.
On Wednesday afternoon, first responders responded to the Catskill Creek swimming hole near Route 23 and New York State Thruway overpass bridge for a report of a man underwater in the Catskill Creek who couldn't swim.
When rescuers pulled the man from the water he was unresponsive, officials say. 18-year-old Nay Htoo of Albany was pronounced dead at the scene after life-saving efforts failed, WRGB reports.
It's believed the 18-year-old was swimming with friends near the creek when he slipped off some rocks and fell into the creek, according to WNYT.
- Hudson Valley Child Injured By Neighbor's Illegal Fireworks Show
- Teen Drowns in Hudson Valley Creek on July 4th
- 1 Killed, Many Hurt After High-Speed Chase in Hudson Valley
- 4 Nearly Struck By Lightning Celebrating July 4th in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Stabbed To Death on July 4th
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Tried To Kill Person at Popular Bar
- Hudson Valley Corrections Officer Charged With Assault
- Woman Hit, Killed By Train in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Prostitution Sting Leads to 7 Arrests
- Police: N.Y. State Trooper Killed by Suicidal School Principal