Study: 24% of Hudson Valley Residents Rely on NYC for Work
A new study from Marist College reveals how many local residents commute to New York City for work.
Westfair Online reports that Marist College's Bureau for Economic Research performed a study that looked at the relationship between the demand for jobs in the Hudson Valley with the supply. The study was of data from 2015 through 2017. The study found that over 25% of Hudson Valley residents who do work commute to their main job in New York City.
According to Westfair Online, 58.6% of Hudson Valley residents who worked had their main jobs located in the region in 2017. 43.5% of Hudson Valley residents were able to work in the county where they lived. However, this number rose to 44.4% for Westchester County.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate