Remembering AC/DC’s Bon Scott
Today is July 9, and it was on this day back in 1946 that Bon Scott was born. Can you believe he would have been 73 years old? Sadly he died in 1980 when he was only 34. Way too young. And in case you don't know who Bon Scott is, he was in AC/DC from 1974 - 1980. Brian Johnson replaced Bon Scott.
I know a lot of people that are such big fans of Bon Scott that they really don't even listen to the stuff with Brian Johnson, who has been in the band far longer than Bon Scott was. My boyfriend Bobby is one of those people. I like both versions of the band, but I must admit I am a bit partial to the Bon Scott stuff. I can't tell you why the song I chose for today is one of my favorites, but it is.
Happy Birthday Bon Scott. Still thinking about you and appreciating you, wherever you are. Thanks for all of the great music. You rock.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie