Police: Intoxicated New York Woman Drove Child to Family Court
What's worse than having to take your own kid to court for a disciplinary hearing? Getting arrested yourself. How did this happen?
The Post Star reports that a 38 year-old Hudson Falls woman was in family court while her child faced a judge, when a probation officer suspected her of being drunk. After a little investigating, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office was then called. Officials say the woman had a blood alcohol content of 0.24 percent, which is triple the legal limit. She wasn't just drunk, she was really drunk.
It didn't end there. Now she was really in trouble, given the fact she allegedly drove her kid to court in such condition.
The Sheriff's Office said the woman admitted to drinking; saying she had one glass of wine before showing up to the court house. Must have a huge glass of wine. Perhaps by glass, she really meant a bottle? Maybe two bottles?
Police say she was charged with felony aggravated driving while intoxicated for allegedly driving drunk with a child in her vehicle, and misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child.
The Post Star says her child is under 16, so they are still not legally able to wheel mom around next time the family has court.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie