Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child, Attempted More
A Hudson Valley man is accused of sexually assaulting a child multiple times and attempted to sexually abuse another.
On Wednesday, the New York State Police Troop F Orange County Child Abuse Unit in conjunction with the with Orange County Child Protective Service announced the arrest of 45-year-old Jacob Hogencamp of Wallkill for predatory sexual assault of a child, a felony, attempted sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child, both misdemeanors.
An investigation revealed Hogencamp engaged in an ongoing course of sexual conduct with a child less than thirteen years old, police say.
Officials also allege Hogencamp attempted to sexually abuse a second victim younger than 17.
Hogencamp was arraigned in the town of Woodbury Court and was remanded to Orange County Jail without bail. He is due back in court on May 15.
- Warning: Police Report Bear Sightings in East Fishkill
- Police Need Your Help After Hudson Valley Man Killed on Route 9W
- 30 Hudson Valley High Schools Among Best in the Country
- Hudson Valley School Placed on Lockdown After Report of Gun
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Raped Teen Several Times
- SUV Crashes into Hudson Valley Shopping Center
- 3 Cases of Measles Confirmed From Hudson Valley, More Likely
- Child Stabbed, Teen Accused of Waving Knife at Police in Newburgh
- Police: Hudson Valley Bus Driver Tried to Meet Child for Sex
- 3 Critically Hurt After Car Plows Into Popular H.V. Restaurant