Police: Alleged Drunk Driver Drove the Wrong Way on Hudson Valley Road
A dangerous situation played out Saturday afternoon in Pearl River, when police say an accused drunk driver drove the wrong way down Veterans Memorial Drive.
LoHud is reporting that a 34 year-old man from West New York, New Jersey (yes, this is a town) was cruising west in an eastbound lane as other drivers desperately swerved out of the way to avoid collision. Orangetown police say the day-drinker's BAC was more than twice the legal limit.
Luckily, no one was hurt. LoHud reports that the man was charged with felony counts of driving while intoxicated and aggravated driving while intoxicated.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie