NY State Troopers Testing New Vertical Lights
They might look a lot like police cruisers from the future -- but they're here now.
In an effort to make police cruisers more visible, New York State Troopers are testing vehicles with not only horizontal light bars -- but vertical ones too.
"It's incredibly dangerous on the side of the roadway and most of the people don't have any idea because they've never been on the side of the road and if they have it's only been for moments,” Trooper Mark O’Donnell said to WHEC. “But the police officers, the fireman, the EMS people, it's their 8 to 12-hour shift is in the roadway or on the side of the road so give us a break."
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie