Man Intentionally Hits Family With Vehicle at Hudson Valley 7-Eleven, Police Say
An argument over smoking cigarettes ended with a family of seven being run down with a vehicle, not once, but twice.
ABC NY says the incident happened Wednesday afternoon at a 7-Eleven in Haverstraw. An employee of the Central Highway 7-Eleven told ABC and police that the father of the family confronted a man who had lit up a cigarette with his five children nearby. This is when, according to reports, the man became very heated.
The employee who witnessed the incident said the smoker then got behind the wheel of his vehicle and plowed in to all seven (Update says there were eight family members) members of the family, twice.
Captain Martin Lund of the Haverstraw Police Department said all of the family members were injured and were taken to the hospital, though there are no further details just how badly the family was hurt.
The man who drove the vehicle was arrested. ABC says the vehicle had Texas plates though no one was certain that the man was from out of state.
UPDATE: ABC reports the man is from Washingtonville.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie