Hudson Valley Residents to Get Reimbursed for Power Outages
If you are a Orange & Rockland customer you could be due some money.
According to the Times Herald Record, O&R announced that they are going to pay customers who lost power for three or more consecutive days during the recent winter storms that knocked out power to tens of thousands of customers.
The money would be for spoiled food and/or prescription medicine lost due to the power outages.
Here is how the money will be distributed: customers can receive reimbursements of up to $225, or $515 with receipts and business owners may receive up to $10,200 with receipts for spoiled food.
If you would like to file a claim, you need to fill out this form to be eligible.
There is no word if any of the other local utility company's like Central Hudson or New York State Electric and Gas are going to offer anything like this but if they do will update this story with all the details.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie