Hudson Valley Man Accused of Stealing $17,000 From Job
A Hudson Valley man allegedly stole over $17,000 from his store's safe.
Last Monday, management from the Harbor Freight Tools store located on Dunning Road in the Town of Wallkill reported the theft of cash from the store.
An investigation conducted by store management and New York State Police in Orange County determined that between Sept. 6, and Sept. 16, approximately $17,000 was removed from the store's safe.
At the conclusion of the investigation, 38-year-old George Brischler of Sparrowbush was arrested and charged with the theft. Police say Brischler is an employee at Harbor Freight Tools.
Brischler was charged with third-degree grand larceny and second-degree criminal mischief, both felonies. He was released on his own recognizance and ordered to appear in the Town of Wallkill Justice Court.
- Nazi Flag Displayed Near Hudson Valley School, Church
- 5 Dead From Tainted Drugs Sold in New York, Police Warn
- Rabid Kitten Bites Hudson Valley Resident
- Hudson Valley Man Killed By Metro-North Train, Police Say
- Lower Hudson Valley Father Won't Take Plea Deal in Twins' Deaths
- 1 Dead 1 With Life-threatening injuries After Crash in Dutchess County
- Hudson Valley Woman Wins $1 Million Drawing
- Hudson Valley Woman Fatally Shot, Shooter Still On the Run
- Hudson Valley Man, 'World’s Oldest-Working Barber' Dies