Fatal Horse Riding Accident in Dutchess County
A 23-year old woman lost her life while riding a horse in Dutchess County
On September 16, the New York State Police from the Dover Plains barracks investigated a horsing accident on Byrds Hill Road in the town of Dover.
The State Police responded to a family farm on Byrds Hill Road at approximately 10:45 a.m. for a report of a female fallen off a horse.
An investigation determined the horse reared for an unknown reason and fell on top of the rider, Samantha Calzone, 23, of Greenwich, CT.
Calzonewas pronounced deceased at the scene.
Northern Dutchess Paramedics and the Dutchess County Medical Examiner’s Office also responded to the scene.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie