Famous Celebrities To Hold Concert, Rally in Hudson Valley
A number of famous celebrities are scheduled to appear in the Hudson Valley for an upcoming concert and political rally.
A group of Hudson Valley "concerned citizens" joined together for "Hudson Valley Votes," a rally ahead of the Nov. 6, mid-term elections. On Oct 20, at the Ulster County Performing Arts Center local and nationally recognized celebrities plan to host a night full of music, performances and activism.
Natalie Merchant, an internationally acclaimed musician, will headline the event and serves the nights "Artistic Director."
“On October 20th at UPAC, Hudson Valley artists will engage in the political process by using their voices in support of our progressive Democratic candidates," Merchant said in a release. "We have seen recent elections in upstate NY decided by just a handful of votes. Anyone who thinks his or her vote doesn’t matter needs to think again; everyone must participate in this midterm election. The fate of not just our region, state or country depends upon it…the destiny of the entire world will be determined by the outcome of this vote.”
Other Hudson Valley-based celebrities attending the event include actors Paul Rudd and Lili Taylor; Aaron Dessner of The National; singer-songwriter Dar Williams; actress and filmmaker Mary Stuart Masterson; activist and author Eve Ensler and many more.
- Sex Offender Moves Next Door to Hudson Valley Elementary School
- Large Reward Offered After Hudson Valley Man Killed Outside Club
- Hudson Valley Business Goes Viral Thanks to Hilarious Sign
- Bear Attacks Hudson Valley Man Inside Home
- 14 High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offenders Move
- DA: Hudson Valley Teacher's Aide Brought Loaded Gun to School
- Man Admits To Killing Hudson Valley Teen Away At College
- Hudson Valley Man Left Murder Victim's Corpse in Planter
- Woman Goes on Homophobic Rant at Hudson Valley ShopRite