Celebrating George Harrison
Today we are celebrating the life of George Harrison. And what a life it was. George was born on this day, Feb. 25, back in 1943. Hard to believe he would have been 77 today. He died much too young at the age of 58.
George has become my favorite Beatle over the years. I love all of The Beatles, especially as a whole, but when it comes to solo work, George is my favorite. It wasn't always that way. I went through a Paul stage, and a John phase. But I've been in my George phase for quite a few years. Sorry Ringo. I love you too, but your solo work hasn't quite moved me as much as the others. I credit my former co-worker Greg O'Brien and my old friend Dan the Man for introducing me to George Harrison deep cuts that I have come to love. Thanks, guys.
Happy Birthday to George Harrison, wherever he may be. He changed my life, as well as the lives of so many music lovers. Thanks, George, you are missed every day.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie