1 Arrested After Police Respond To Armed Hostage Reports
Police now say one person was arrested following reports of an armed hostage situation in the Hudson Valley.
Sunday night, police were called to a home on East Main Street in Wallkill after callers reported a man with a gun holding people hostage.
Members from the Orange County Sheriff's Office SWAT team exited an armored vehicle and entered the blue house to search for hostages or the gunmen.
Everyone inside the apartment building was evacuated by police. When the SWAT team found nobody else inside, they left the building.
Turns out no one was being held hostage, police say.
However, police arrested one person for allegedly possessing a weapon and stolen property.
Tyshawn Hargrove, 23, from Walden was charged with criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a stolen property.
Hargrove was in possession of a reported stolen 9mm Smith & Wesson pistol, police say.
Hargrove was remanded to Orange County Jail on $100,000 cash or $300,000 bond.
- Snow Predicted For the Hudson Valley By End Of The Week
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Took Illicit Photos, Videos Of Women
- Police: Hudson Valley Women Told Many Their Building Was On Fire
- Deadly Turkey Salmonella Outbreak Reaches New York
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Sexually Touching Child
- Hudson Valley Man Set Business On Fire, Nearly Killed 1
- Hudson Valley Police Responded To Armed Hostage Situation