REPORT: Yankees Will Play Regular Season Game In Special Location Next Year
Even if you're not a huge Yankees fan, you'll appreciate this. Sports Illustrated is reporting that both the New York Yankees and the Chicago White Sox will play a regular season game on August 13. 2020 at Dyersville, Iowa's famed "Field of Dreams" park.
The ball field was the back drop of the 1988 movie Field of dreams, starring Kevin Costner and James Earl Jones.
Sports Illustrated said that Major League Baseball will begin building an 8,000 seat ballpark at the site this year. However, the famous cornfield will remain untouched in the background.
MLB has held regular season games in such other locations as Japan, London, Fort Bragg, N.C., Williamsport, PA., and Omaha, NE before, but this will be the first at the "Field of Dreams" in Iowa.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie